Quarterly Challenges Reading The Seasons - Spring
Read books for each task listed. Some (but not all) tasks will have opportunities to collect bonus points.
You can read one book for every task or read multiple books for some tasks. (For example - you could choose to just focus on a few. That's fine - you can claim points for each one that fits).
The aim of the game is to score as many points as possible by the end of the quarter.
Scoring: Score 1 point for each book read that fits a task plus 2 points for each bonus task.
TASK: Read a book set in USA (Bonus: set in Atlanta or Memphis)
You read a book set in California = 1 point for USA : Total 1 point
You read a book set in Memphis = 1 point for USA + 2 points for Memphis: Total 3 points
Reading The Seasons - Spring
Duration: March 20th, 2018 - June 21, 2018
5-10 points - Super Seasonal
11-20 points - Spring Fling
21+ points - Beautiful Blossoms
1. Read a book published in March, April, May or June of any year. (Bonus: published in March, April, May or June 2018)
2. Read a book set in the spring.
3. Read a book with the letters D A Y somewhere in the title. Does not have to be in order.
4. Read a book with a flower related word in the title. (Bonus: 'Daffodil' in the title)
5. Read a book with a cover that reminds you of spring. This can be as simple as a pastel coloured cover. (Bonus: Rain on cover) - Show us the cover.
6. On the first day of Spring the sunrise and sunset are about 12 hours apart.
Read a Series/TBR #12.
7. On the Vernal Equinox the sun is directly above the equator.
Read a book with the sun on the cover. Please post the cover.
8. Spring Break - Read a book set in USA (Bonus: Set along the Gulf Coast of the US.)
9. Saint Patrick's Day – Read a book with an Irish character. (Bonus: St Patrick's Day is mentioned in the story - Tell us the sentence and location/page number)
10. Easter - Read a book with the genre or tagged Christian.
11. April Fool's Day - Read a book where someone plays a prank. (Bonus: An April Fools prank)
12. Arbor Day - Read a book with trees on the cover. Please post the cover.
13. May Day - Read a book where the characters dance. (Bonus: They dance around a Maypole.)
14. Cinco de Mayo - Read a book with a Mexican character or a book set in a bar. (Can be Mexican American.)
15. Mothers Day - Read a book with a main character who is a mother. (Bonus: the word Mother, Mum, Mummy or Mom in the title.)
16. St. David's Day (Wales) - Read a book with a character OR author called David (Bonus: The character is a teacher or priest.)
17. St. Georges Day (England) - Read a book with a red and white cover. (Bonus: Set in England.)
18. Memorial Day (US) - Read a book with a character in the military OR where the characters go to the beach.
19. Father's Day (US) - Read a book where the MC is a father.
20. Read a book from one of these listopias: 2012 Spring Break Reads OR Pastel-Colored Covers OR Spring ACPHS Bookclub
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task or letter
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*Please update your original post as you go.
*When you have finished, please re-post your whole challenge as a new message and MARK AS FINISHED or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge
(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)
Please use the TLC STANDARD RULES when participating in this challenge.
If you are not familiar with these rules, please click on the link and read them over.